Every bridesmaid has heard this line at least once: “You can totally wear that again!” when speaking of the beloved bridesmaid dress. Not to rain on the wedding parade, but let’s be honest with ourselves, this is hardly the case.
Looking for a solution to this bridal conundrum? Enter: Little Borrowed Dress to save the day!
I recently met a woman named Corie Hardee, the owner of a hot new company called Little Borrowed Dress that gives brides the opportunity to save their bridesmaids money, and closet space, by offering dresses for rent at a quarter of the retail cost. I was beyond impressed and had to share
Groomsmen have been renting tuxedos forever, why shouldn’t women have the same opportunity? No one wears the dress again; it just makes sense to rent. And while wedding boutiques have been offering this option for a while, the styles are often outdated and the quality not up to par. Not so with Corie’s styles! Check out how cute these are:
So, How Does It Work?
- Little Borrowed Dress utilizes a mail-order model that allows it to serve brides across the country.
- Brides choose from 5 classic styles with a modern twist to select the dresses they want in any color and size combination.
- Their dresses have been designed to fit and flatter a range of body types—no alterations required. YES. That’s what I said: no alterations. How in the heck is this possible?!
- Brides and bridesmaids have the opportunity to see the dresses in person and try them on at a trunk show in their area.
- You place your order online.
- The dress arrives in the mail 7 days before the wedding.
- You return it in the mail the 1st business day post-wedding with a pre-paid envelope a la Netflix.
Which brings us to why we are posting today! Corie and her dresses will be at a trunk show in downtown Seattle at the Crowne Plaza Hotel this Sunday Nov 21st, 10am-6pm. Would you like an invite? Click here for a special invite and to RSVP your attendance.
I love everything about Little Borrowed Dress, and I don’t say that lightly. The concept is excellent, the designs adorable and the woman behind the business is top-notch. Guaranteed not to break the bank or gather dust in your closet!
If your interest has even been remotely piqued, drop them a line to find out about a trunk show near you. To keep up with LBD, find them on Facebook and Twitter. And Seattle brides and bridesmaids…don’t miss this Sunday’s trunk show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown!!