Crowdfunding (also referred to as ‘crowdsourced fundraising’) is social fundraising. It is the act of using your network to raise money from many people, typically via the Internet, to support any cause or campaign. With an online crowdfunding platform, you can easily leverage your network to raise as much money as you can to fund your personal or professional projects.
Deposit a Gift can be used to raise money for anything! Some of the most popular uses of our crowdfunding platform are:
- Organization and Nonprofit Fundraisers
- School Fundraising
- Medical Expenses
- Personal Crises and Disasters
- Personal and Creative Projects
- Business Expansions
- Memorial Funds
- Group Gifts
Did You Know?
- An early example of crowdfunding is the Statue of Liberty in 1885. The American Committee was short on money so Joseph Pulitzer orchestrated a fundraiser that raised more than enough to get the construction started from around 120,000 different people. Due to the “crowdsourced” kindness of these people, America was able to build the statue that has become one of its most recognizable symbols.
- In 2012, crowdfunding raised 2.7 billion dollars.
- The crowdfunding market is forecasted to double in size in 2013 and reach close to $5.1 billion
The beauty of online fundraising is the ability to leverage your social network to reach as many people as possible. Click here to learn more about how to use social media to market your fundraiser.
Example: Prayers for Lane & Logan
Bring Out The Best In Your Community
Crowdfunding is a great way to raise money online because it can bring out the best in a community. People come together to help fund something meaningful, so most people contribute with a personal message to show how much they want to offer their support. There are so many ways to use crowdfunding to increase donations to an already-existing or new fundraiser. With Deposit a Gift, there’s no risk or fee to start a fundraiser, so give it a try to see how it goes!